When your prescribers have objective data on clinical pharmacy practices, they’re more likely to use prescribing strategies that produce positive economic and health benefits.
PrescriberEdu™, a customized academic detailing program from Clinical Pharmacy Services, gives prescribers that unbiased source. We present the most current evidence-based prescribing guidelines, including step therapy and preferred drug recommendations, to encourage prescribing decisions that improve patient outcomes and reduce unnecessary costs.
We connect with providers via email, phone, and face-to-face visits.
Customized approach to academic detailing
PrescriberEdu™ can be adapted to suit your organization’s specific needs. Our team can target a general disease state or support a specific medical initiative by providing essential information:
- General information
- Side effects
- Proper drug administration for patients with chronic illnesses such as diabetes and asthma.
Multi-tiered interventions for improving health
Our PrescriberEdu™ team’s ability to influence provider prescribing patterns can help you reduce overall health expenditures and improve patient outcomes. To achieve these goals, our clinical pharmacists perform a wide range of tasks:
- Evaluate the clinical and economic benefits of prescriber formulary adherence
- Review provider prescribing habits
- Compare peer prescribing habits
- Improve prescriber adherence to the formulary
- Ensure patients receive medication therapy for optimal clinical outcomes
- Provide prescribers with evidence-based information to support the provision of the most cost-effective medication therapy
- Communicate directly with prescribers through email, phone calls, interactive websites, and face-to-face visits
- Provide outcomes analysis on specific programs
Our multi-tiered PrescriberEdu™ services are based on prescribing volume and other client-identified factors such as these:
- Evaluation of client-specific medical and pharmacy claims data
- Development of prescriber education materials
- Creation of patient education materials
- Training of clinicians to conduct face-to-face prescriber visits
- Development and monitoring of an evaluation plan for clinical and economic outcomes